INTRAMUSCULAR VITAMIN DESCRIPTIONS
Intramuscular (IM) Vitamin Injections: $35 for 1 shot. Options include B-complex, B12, glutathione, taurine, carnitine, folic acid, biotin, Lipo-B, and CoQ10.
- Cyanocobalamin/B12 – Vitamin B12 can boost energy, improve memory, and decrease depression. It supports the function of nerve cells, converts food into energy, and is necessary for the formation of red blood cells. It nourishes the brain and nervous system, making it essential for heart health. Supplements are especially recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding and individuals who follow vegetarian or vegan diets.
- B-Complex – B vitamins are essential for maintaining good health. They are the building blocks for a healthy body and can affect brain function, cell metabolism, and energy level. In pregnancy, B vitamins can reduce the risk of certain birth defects and aid in fetal brain development. Low levels of B vitamins can lead to fatigue, weakness, anemia, and skin rashes.
- Biotin – Biotin is a vitamin that is necessary for your body to convert food into energy, making it essential for a healthy metabolism. It has been shown to increase “good” cholesterol and decrease “bad” cholesterol, improve cognitive function, and reduce inflammation. It also plays an important role in healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Carnitine – Carnitine is an amino acid that is important for energy production and blood sugar regulation. Current research shows it may improve cardiac health, enhance athletic performance, and boost energy. It also promotes weight loss and speeds up fat metabolism. It additionally may improve cognition, attention, and memory in people with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Co-enzyme Q10 – CoQ10 is an antioxidant that protects the cells by neutralizing free radicals, ridding the body of toxins. It has shown to be beneficial with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and Parkinson’s disease. It helps even skin tone and reduce the appearance of fine lines. It stimulates elastin and collagen production for a healthier, more youthful appearance.
- Folic Acid – Folic acid is essential for red blood cell formation, improves heart health, and can even reduce the risk of colon cancer. It can enhance blood sugar control and improve cardiovascular function for diabetics. It is also vital during pregnancy for the prevention of birth defects, including spina bifida. Studies have shown that folic acid supplementation may improve brain function and help treat Alzheimer’s disease.
- Glutathione – Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that reverses the effects of free radicals and detoxifies the body. It strengthens the immune system and supports the healthy function of cells. Glutathione levels decrease with age, leading to poor health outcomes in older adults. Research suggests that low levels may be linked to progression of cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Lipo-B (MIC) – Lipo-B is a mixture that helps reduce excess fat and increases energy and metabolic activity. The methionine is an essential amino acid that has many benefits including helping the liver process fatty acids, improving skin tone, relieving fatigue, and improving the appearance of hair and nails. Inositol is a B-vitamin that reduces cholesterol and metabolizes fat. Choline is another B-vitamin that supports metabolism and helps generate energy. It also may increase cognitive ability.
- Taurine – Taurine is an amino acid with important functions in the body. It maintains proper electrolyte balance and hydration in the cells, regulates the immune system, and may enhance athletic performance. It improves heart function and symptoms in people with congestive heart failure and also enhances liver function in people with hepatitis.